Thursday, June 15, 2006

Stalking the wild rosehip

Copyright Ruth Seeley

In the winter of 2005-6 I got more and more frustrated at not being able to find rosehips to photograph - I was viewing all these amazing macro images of rosehips from my flickr friends in the UK, and all I was finding was tiny little haws. The elegance of the rosehip's elongated oval shape and its wispy tails were essential - or 'primordial' as my Francophone friend Eric would say. Finally, after more than two weeks of wet shoes, slogging through the rain and peering at bushes, I headed for the library and took a different route. Wouldn't you know it, no more than a block from my house I found a bush just bursting with rosehips.

2 comments:

Jaya said...

Sounds like you've checked off a life goal! :) kudos on the successful rosehip safari.

Ruth Seeley said...

The trick with some of those life goals is to keep 'em small to nurture your sense of accomplishment.