Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Birkenhead Lake


Copyright Ruth Seeley

One of three photos taken in July 2004 on a camping trip to Birkenhead Lake. Since moving to British Columbia in 2002, I've made a real effort to do the things I've always meant to do. This was the first time I'd been camping since I was eight. It was a beautiful weekend, horseflies notwithstanding. Naturally there were equipment failures (what's up with that air mattress) and certain failures to anticipate. I'd never encountered horseflies before, and I'll never go camping without bug spray again. But it was worth it for the sight of this gorgeous lake. Next time I'll get some photos of the skunk cabbage too. www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/birkenhe.html

1 comment:

Ruth Seeley said...

Thank you, Fred, whoever you may be. More to come.